Did you know that…
- Electrical injuries are one of the leading causes of work-related deaths.
- Most electrical injuries occur in the workplace.
- There are approximately 1,000 accidental deaths by electrocution each year in the U.S.
- Electrical fires’ total annual fiscal impact is estimated to be more than $3.4 billion.
- Electrical fires in our homes claim the lives of 310 Americans each year and injure 1,100 more.
- Coal is the largest single primary source of energy used to generate electricity in the United States, followed by natural gas and nuclear (in that order).
- Retail sales of electricity to U.S. households exceed sales of electricity to the commercial and industrial sectors.
- The U.S. is the largest producer of electricity in the world, followed by China.